A Birthday Staycation @ 5 footway.inn Project Bugis

, 0 Comments

5 Footway.inn @ Bugis

I think it was roughly at start of this year or last year that the idea of a hostel staycation popped into my mind. I've been bitten by the hostel staying bug since my last hostel stay in Korea. I truly enjoyed my evening hanging around the common area till late just to talk to people from different parts of the world.

Personally, I like staying in hostel compared to hotel because of the warmth cosy feeling compared to a cold lonely room. Being Asian, I practically hate seeing any mirrors around me when I sleep and hotels have mirrors hanging right in front of your bed half the time.

View of our en-suite double deck room.
My girl friend picked 5 Footway.inn @ Bugis for out staycation over the weekends. It's a pretty short walk from Nicole highway MRT station and they had good directions provided on their website. I wanted to surprise my girl friend who was waiting in the room by not letting her know when I was arriving but she had a better one waiting for me instead! She customised a dozen lovely cupcakes from Blackbird Bakery. I love how the little miss twins were made into a 3D figurine.


My favourite fondant little miss twins
The rooms were smaller than what I originally expected but it was clean and nice. We explored the area for a bit to check out the common areas within the hostel. They were clean and cosy, just the way I like them to be. I guess conversations didn't quite happen as the people who are staying here are more in their own groups.

What I didn't like was that we were near a pub and the music penetrated the walls. I'm a pretty light sleeper and the thumping of the bass pretty much kept me awake till 3-4am.

Kitchen/open porch common area on the 2nd floor
living hall common area on the ground floor behind the reception area
I had a few cafes pinned out around the hostel area and we decided to go around visiting them. You can click into the post below to read more about the cafes:
It's also been a long long while since we had late night movies outside and considering that taxis are so expensive nowadays, we decided to have a late night movie at Bugis Filmgarde. Oh! I have a habit of bringing instant noodles (has to be the chilli crab Nissin brand) to places we stayover everytime. I don't know why but the idea of bonding over instant noodles while you're staying in a hostel/hotel gels really well with me. Might be the fact that I enjoyed camping during school days; I still do but I would like to sleep in comfort now. It was instant noodle party that we had a chance to make use of the common pantry area for a while.

If you would like to save some transportation cost (e.g air or ferry tickets) and dislike staying in hotels, this is an alternative way to do a staycation for 2D1N. Trust me, I'm already wanting to do this again in another hostel like Alder or Bunc @ Radius. Have fun! :)

Writes occasionally, enjoys quirky moments and loves to a cuppa coffee.

0 comments :